I’m a personal trainer helping awesome women, like you, to get back to the exercise you love without fear and lots of rules. Even if you have pelvic floor or core issues such as pelvic organ prolapse, leaking or diastasis, or have just had a baby.
If you have pelvic floor issues, such as pelvic organ prolapse, leaking or pelvic pain, you might be wondering how a personal trainer can help?
And I totally get that!
Before you read on, I’ve never been the kind of personal trainer who shouts, “get down and give me 20” or “you don’t want this enough”.
Personal training isn’t about always pushing you to your physical limit and leaving you sore for days.
I am not here for that (and I don’t think you are either)
It’s about smart and personalised support, programming, and coaching.
This means I take a totally you-centred approach to help you train the way you love.
– Looking at your tendencies and why you might be experiencing symptoms
– Helping you meet your body where it’s at and then build serious strength and capacity so you can do more
– Piecing together the bits you’ve been told to do but not sure why – like breathing or engaging your pelvic floor
– Exploring the beliefs you have around exercise and your pelvic health. And why they may be keeping you from making progress
-Observing how you move and how these relate to your pelvic floor and whole body
-Helping you learn more about how your body works and what works for you
Here's how I help my clients?
My personal training approach is based on almost a decade of working with amazing women, who have wanted help with:
- Exercising with pelvic organ prolapse (including weight training, CrossFit, and running)
- Improving and managing symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse, in everyday life as well as the gym
- Managing pelvic pain and vaginismus during pregnancy and post-baby
- Confidently exercising post-baby, including getting back to weight training, running, and Crossfit
- Healing Diastasis Recti and getting back to challenging core workouts
- Finding a way of eating that isn’t restrictive and mind-numbingly boring (you can delete that calorie tracking app right now!)
- Developing a better and less exhausting relationship with food and your body
Ways to work with me
Personal Training for Pelvic Organ Prolapse
I created the Positive POP Framework to help clients with pelvic organ prolapse re-write their list of “safe exercises”. This approach bridges the gap between rehab and the exercise you want to do.
Personal Training for Pelvic Floor & Core Rehab
Pelvic floor & core rehab sessions which progress over time. Perfect if you are early post natal, post hysterectomy or gynae surgery and would like help with your physical and emotional recovery. These holistic sessions include gentle coaching, exercise, nutrition and self care.
Free pelvic health resources
Pelvic health and exercise blog
A collection of free resources. Includes resources for pelvic organ prolapse, diastasis, getting back to running and general pelvic health.
Read my pelvic health, fitness and training blog here. Includes “how to fix prolapse”, “best exercises for pelvic organ prolapse” and “can you CrossFit with prolapse?”