Beth Davies Coaching

prolapse symptoms

3 mistakes you are making with your pelvic floor exercises

If you are experiencing pelvic floor symptoms such as leaking, prolapse, pelvic pain, or recovery from birth or gynae surgery, it’s likely that you have been told to do pelvic floor exercises. These squeezes of the pelvic floor muscles are the first line of treatment for pelvic floor treatment and strengthening the muscles.  However, if …

3 mistakes you are making with your pelvic floor exercises Read More »

How to rehab and rebuild after a prolapse diagnosis

This blog outlines 2 phases of training after a prolapse diagnosis – rehab and rebuild!  The new definition of Pelvic Organ Prolapse according to the ICS (International Continence Society) includes the following 2 elements  The descent or departure of one or more of the pelvic organs away from their original position, along with  Bothersome symptoms …

How to rehab and rebuild after a prolapse diagnosis Read More »

The impact of pelvic floor dysfunction on exercise in women

Another little dive into the research on the impact of pelvic floor dysfunction on exercise in women! This study by Dakic et al, 2019 examines the barriers to exercise for women experiencing symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction. This study looks at the pelvic floor as a barrier compared to other (and perhaps more well-known barriers).  …

The impact of pelvic floor dysfunction on exercise in women Read More »

Prolapse symptoms when you lift weights? Part 1

Do you lift weights and have a prolapse and feel symptoms during or after lifting? If so, this blog (and the next few to follow) are for you!  Lifting weights is awesome for the female body! We need to maintain our muscle mass as much as possible (particularly as we age). However, in the pelvic …

Prolapse symptoms when you lift weights? Part 1 Read More »

How to improve prolapse symptoms

Many women with POP, want to know how to improve prolapse symptoms. This can be to improve quality of life, to be able to move forward without prolapse dominating their life or to be able to exercise again without worrying about POP.  So, first things first, let’s have a look at some common prolapse symptoms.  …

How to improve prolapse symptoms Read More »

I’ve done my rehab but still have prolapse symptoms

Still have some annoying prolapse symptoms even though you’ve done your rehab? On a recent Instagram poll, I asked those who had done their rehab and wanted to progress what was stopping them, a huge 80% said they still had prolapse symptoms. The other 20% weren’t sure how to progress.  So, what’s the deal? Surely rehab …

I’ve done my rehab but still have prolapse symptoms Read More »

How to manage prolapse symptoms at work

Talking about your pelvic health or prolapse symptoms at work can be challenging. This blog is based on an Instagram live between Beth Davies and Sharon Oakley. Sharon shares her experience of talking about her pelvic health in her workplace. Plus some tips from Beth as to how to manage pelvic health and prolapse symptoms …

How to manage prolapse symptoms at work Read More »